Are you planning a caravan or camping holiday in Scotland? St Andrews is a popular destination in Fife with a range of wonderful holiday parks to choose from. Here is some useful information to help you on your next touring adventure!
Campsites and caravan parks in St Andrews
You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to campsites and caravan parks in St Andrews. Take a look at the following sites, all based close to the town.
- Cairnsmill Caravan Park – Holiday homes for hire and pitches for touring caravans and tents. Facilities include swimming pool, gym, bar and games room. 1.5 miles from town centre.
- St Andrews Holiday Park – Static caravans, lodges with hot tubs and touring caravan pitches. Restaurant, bar, sun terrace, play park, live entertainment and more. 1.5 miles from town centre.
- Craigtoun Meadows Holiday Park – Holiday homes, glamping lodges, touring pitches for caravans and tent pitches. Includes games room, play areas and crazy golf. 2.5 miles from town centre.
- Clayton Caravan Park – Holiday homes for hire and pitches for touring caravans. Restaurant, bar, swimming pool, gym, soft play and more on-site. 6 miles from town centre.
Important to note, some accommodations and facilities are seasonal, please check with each individual site.
Things to do on your camping holiday in St Andrews
St Andrews is very family-friendly, with lots to see and do for all ages. Here are just a few ideas to keep you busy on your visit.
Places to eat – A visit to St Andrews wouldn’t be complete without a traditional fish supper from Cromars! Pop in to our welcoming fish and chip shop and select something tasty from our extensive menu. Either sit in or take away and enjoy by the beach. You can also order online and collect at your chosen time. Our restaurant is family-friendly and dog-friendly.
Places to walk – Lovers of the great outdoors will be in their element, with beautiful beaches and gorgeous gardens to explore. If you’re bringing your four-legged friends along, dogs are welcome on East Sands Beach and many outdoor spaces in St Andrews.
Places to visit – Top attractions in and around St Andrews include St Andrews Castle, St Andrews Cathedral, Kingsbarns Distillery, Craigtoun Country Park, Cambo Gardens and the R&A World Golf Museum. Of course, St Andrews is the home of golf, and to play a round on the Old Course at St Andrews Links is every golfer’s dream.
Explore our blog for more ideas of things to do and places to visit in St Andrews.
Useful camping resources, Scotland
Check out these websites for help and advice when planning your next caravanning or camping holiday in Scotland.
- Scottish Outdoor Access Code: Camping – Follow the guide for responsible camping in Scotland.
- CaMPA – Resources from the Campervan and Motorhome Professional Association.
- Camping and Caravanning Club – Tips, advice and inspiration for camping in the UK.
- Visit Scotland: Holiday Parks, Caravan and Campsites – Advice on camping holidays in Scotland.